Thursday, May 7, 2015

Guido Mista

You'll certainly be saved with this drink.

Sanpellegrino (Blood Orange) - 60 ml
Spiced Rum - 30 ml
Grand Marnier - 10 ml
Grenadine - 1~3 drops

Place the Spiced Rum, Grenadine and Grand Marnier in a stir glass with ice. Stir the drink, transfer to a chilled shot glass. To turn it in to a drink, add the mixture to a chilled serving glass and add the Sanpellegrino (Blood Orange).

Sweetness ★★☆☆☆
Refreshing ★★☆☆☆
Alcohol content ★★★☆☆
Acquired taste ★★☆☆☆
1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 ★★★★☆

Notes: Remember that it only takes one bullet to activate his stand, so there's no need to shotgun this drink.



BG Notes: I knew I wanted spiced rum from the beginning of the drink, but I waffled on if it should be a red or blue drink. I ended up going with red since it seemed to fit his red-blooded nature more.
The shot is much harsher than the overall drink, since I wanted the shot to burn a little and have a curious aftertaste, while I wanted the drink to be something fresh that would go easily with pizza and trippa as well as a lighter salad.

I originally shied away from using orange flavored alcohol, since it tied in closer with Narancia in my mind, but the mixture ended up being too close to the image of the drink in my mind to switch it out to anything else.
I actually really like the drink better than I like the shot, but it could just be that I'm not a bit shot person?

No comments:

Post a Comment