Thursday, August 14, 2014

Giorno Giovanna

A golden drink that's both sweet and striking.

St. Germain - 20 ml
Patron - 10 ml
Limoncello - 10 ml
+Perrier - 50 ml

Add St. Germain and Patron together, and float Limonchello on top. Add Perrier to turn it in to a drink, rather than a shot.

Sweetness ★★★☆☆
Refreshing ★★★☆☆
Alcohol content ★★★★☆
Acquired taste ★★☆☆☆
WRYYYYYYYYYYY ★★☆☆☆

Notes: This drink is great for sipping and savoring slowly, or shooting.... although the latter may make you lean back and unleash an inexplicable scream.


BG Notes: As the St. Germain has a strong delicate flavor, I would avoid limoncellos that have a very strong taste to it. Balancing the right mix of patron, St.Germain, and limoncello was a little difficult, as they're all drinks that have a certain taste to them, but I think I was pretty happy with the mix I ended up with.
You might want to try mixing it a bit up to taste though, depending on if you like sweeter or stronger flavors better.  
I had St. Germain as the base for a long while, as the sweet, floral drink with high alcohol content was perfect for my image of Giorno, and after some testing, I found that Patron complemented it quite nicely.
Although I had first thought to keep it two main ingredients, I added the limoncello as I wanted to represent a little bit of the Italian influence on him, as well as the Dio/Joestar spirits.
I think the flower, bee, and lemon motif worked out nicely for Giorno as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment